Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cause before self...

Many people tell me that they are really passionate about this, that or something else. They even write it down and brag about it. But are you truly passionate about your cause or your mission? I mean really really passionate from the bottom of your heart. So passionate that you see it as something larger than life, something that you can live with... With it you wake up in the morning and with it you go back to sleep.

Can we do that when we are living in world of distractions? We have too many things to do but too less time for everything... Gosh my mama wants me to do this and Papa wants me to do that... and here comes my sweetheart and she wants me to go out out with her when I have all this list of TO DOs waiting...

That's the real world... I kept asking my self whether the people who made a change to this world were living in a world where everything just happened for them by such miracle? On the contrary pretty much nothing happened for them but they made there way with sheer character.
  1. Be a hedgehog - Cut down on all not important activities from your list. Save that time and save your energy. See the amount of time you will have for yourself, your family and to do all the important things.
  2. Be clear with the cause that you want to achieve - AIESEC is a place where you can change the world. We do it with the amazing tool called AIESEC experience which we measure with the 'Measurements of success" (X, X+L and quality of @ experience)
  3. Convince yourself that this what I want to do and this is the reason I want to do it - Sorry I can't do it for you. You need to see something amazing and something larger than life for your cause.
  4. Reflect on it everyday - How would the world look like? how would this organization look like if I made my contribution?
  5. Take actions - Forget the barriers... only thing you see now is your compelling vision, our compelling vision.
Next day before you tell us that you are passionate about something... I want you to think carefully and think whether you are really prepared to pick yourself against the gusty winds of challenges... And are you prepared to put the interest of your cause before your self interest?

0 comments:

Post a Comment